NAFTA and the Current U.S. Administration
With the new U.S. administration there have been many questions and concerns surrounding TN visa status under NAFTA. Although there has been much discussion around the re-negotiation, and even the elimination of NAFTA, NO changes have been made to the current NAFTA agreement or the adjudication of TN visas for Canadians. NAFTA remains in full force.
Although there have not been any changes to NAFTA, CBP Officers have adopted a strict interpretation of NAFTA. This is contrary to past practices where CBP Officers applied a more liberal interpretation of NAFTA. The strict interpretation of NAFTA has resulted in many refusals and denials of TN visa applications for new applicants, renewals and extensions. If you are a qualified Canadian professional, or an employer seeking to employ a Canadian under NAFTA, we can address any concerns and assist with obtaining a TN visa under NAFTA.
What is TN Visa Status?
TN visa status is a unique visa classification created under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) that grants qualifying professionals from Mexico and Canada authorization to work in the United States on a temporary basis. TN visa status is available to professionals working in 63 occupations including: accountants, engineers, computer professionals, lawyers, doctors, management consultants, and graphic designers. Click here for the complete list of NAFTA Professions
Our TN Visa Services
We offer the following TN Visa services to NAFTA professionals and their employers:
- Free initial Case Assessment!
- TN Visa Case Review
- TN Visa Port of Entry Applications
- TN Visa Applications by mail with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- TN Visa Denial Consultation
- TN Visa Border Assistance
- TN Visa to H1B Visa
- TN Visa to Green Card
- TN Visa Extensions
- TN Visa Change of Employer
- TN Visa Request for Proposal (RFP)
- TN Visa Frequently Asked Questions for Employees
- TN Visa Frequently Asked Questions for Employers
Why choose Mr. Richards?
- Selected among the “10 Best Immigration Attorneys” in NY based on client satisfaction for 2016 and 2017
- Named by SuperLawyers as a Rising Star for 2016 and 2017. Only 2.5% of lawyers received this award.
- Admitted to practice in the State of New York and authorized to practice U.S. Immigration Law
- Active member in good standing with American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Foreign Legal Consultant with the Law Society of Upper Canada
- 6+ years of hands on experience representing Canadian clients
- Personal knowledge of current border practices
- Positive professional relationship with CBP officers
- In depth knowledge of NAFTA TN professions and qualifications
- I handle more TN applications per month than most law firms handle per year
- Experience processing hundreds of TN applications every year for applicants of all education and experience levels for all NAFTA TN professions
Who Can Legally Provide U.S. Immigration Law Services?
An attorney must be eligible to practice law in and be a member in good standing of the bar of the highest court of any state, possession, territory, commonwealth, or the District of Columbia in the United States. They must be licensed in the United States. Attorneys not admitted to practice in the United States are NOT legally authorized to practice or advise on U.S. Immigration Law matters.
Many times foreign attorneys participate in the unauthorized practice of U.S. Immigration Law and provide wrong advice that can further complicate your case and even hurt your chances permanently for obtaining authorization to work within the United States. The Wrong Help Can Hurt!
When seeking legal assistance for your TN visa make sure you are working with a licensed U.S. Immigration Lawyer, admitted to practice law in the United States, who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).